Sunday, 2 May 2010

Leah gets 2 stitches

We had just gotten home from the shop when Leah ran into her room to get her dog, running back out towards the TV room when she feel into the wall cutting her bottom lip very badly. Blood pouring out of this deep gash in her pretty lip. We rushed to the hospital and saw a Doctor within a few minutes and were told it needed stitches. At first they said they could put like a gel on the lip, a local anaesthetic on but that couldn't be done in case she'd lick it off so she had to have an injection in the wound first and then the two stitches. I gotta say this was the worst and most traumatic day of my life so far, and I don't think I've stopped crying since. She was scared and in pain when they did it and had to be held down by two nurses, crying for help- felt so utterly helpless, tried our very best to be strong for her, not to cry and I sang lullabys to her but my heart was breaking. It was all over quite fast, thank god and I think we're more scarred by this than she is! All in all, she was a trooper, listened to the Dr. and opened the mouth so he could see and has understood that the 'threads' have to stay in her lip to make it better. Just hope it heels nicely now!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Stackars lilla Leah. Usch,det ser ut att göra ont på kinden. Hoppas ni båda fått sova i natt.. Krama Leah från mig..

Anneli said...

Usch, stackars Leah!

Peter Löfman said...

Aj, det ser ut som att det gjorde väldigt ont! Ge Leahm massor med kramar från alla oss!!!